If you’re visiting St Matt’s, or haven’t been to a church before, here are a few common questions that we get asked:
What are the services like at St Matt’s?
- We hope you’ll notice that we’re a fairly relaxed community with a passion to know God more deeply and honour him with our lives. We can’t wait to see how God will move among us!
- It’s ok if children make noise, and you’re welcome to come & go as you need to.
What is the duration of the services?
- Our worship services typically last for 90-120min.
What is your style of worship?
- Worship takes many forms at St Matt’s. Our music is typically very contemporary, with a band that includes drums & electric guitars. There is a very varied repertoire of songs that ranges from the occasional hymn to the most current favourites, as well as a few we’ve written ourselves. Everyone is welcome to worship as they feel led – some will clap, others will feel like they need to raise their hands, and it’s ok to dance as well!
- We frequently include a time where we pray together, hear God’s Word, and share stories of how God is impacting our lives.
- Our sermons reflect our belief that the bible is the “Living Word of God”, which is useful in training us to live a “God-Centred” life.
- Communion is generally served every fortnight. Visitors who would normally take communion at another church are welcome to join in.
- Gluten free-wafers are available on request
What is typical attire?
- There is no “dress code” as such, but most people wear comfortable & modest clothes. For example, some older gentlemen may be comfortable wearing a suit, and he might find himself sitting next to someone attending in shorts & thongs. We genuinely intend to take everyone as they are.
Is child care available during services?
- Youngsters are catered for according to their age. Children normally begin each service with their family, and after a few songs they are invited to “escape” to their different programs:
- Creche, which we call “Jellybeans”, caters for toddlers to 4yr olds
- Kids Church is more than just babysitting while the adults do church. We’re proud of how our Primary-schoolers thrive as they learn how to live out their faith, even as they learn more & more about our amazing God.
- Furthermore, we have a crying/play room at the rear of church that parents are welcome to use with their babies/toddlers. This room has an audio feed & a tinted window so you can continue to observe and feel part of the service
- Please be assured that all of the adults who are involved in these ministries have current Working With Children Checks and Police Checks.
Which carpark should I use?
- Generally, the lower carpark (along Matthew Flinders Avenue) has better access to the on-site facilities, including the office & worship space. It will be specified if events are based out of the top carpark.
- The toilets are closest to the exit at the right of stage. Please ask someone if you need an accessible toilet, as the disabled toilet is in the far end building (that will soon to be replaced).
Please use our contact form if you have any other specific enquiries.